7.14.2010

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we are eagerly anticipating!

This is my first time participating in Waiting on Wednesday! Here is my pick!


                                                      
             When Blood Calls (book 1) by  J.K Beck
        August 31, 2010

Synopsis from Barnes and Noble


 Attorney Sara Constantine is thrilled with her promotion—until she finds out that she must now prosecute vampires and werewolves. The first defendant she’ll be trying to put away? Lucius Dragos, the sexy stranger with whom she recently shared an explosive night of ecstasy.

When Lucius kisses a beautiful woman sitting next to him at the bar, he’s hoping only to avoid the perceptive gaze of the man he’s planning to kill. But what starts as a simple kiss ignites into an all-consuming passion. Charged with murder, Luke knows that Sara is determined to see him locked away—unless he can convince her that he’s not a monster. And that might mean making the ultimate sacrifice.

My thoughts:
J.K. Beck is the alter ego for Julie Kenner whose urban fantasy trilogy I adored. I am so excited for this new trilogy by her and I can't wait to get my hands on this first book! I've already been hearing great things about it and I want to read it SO bad!!
 
 
 
                                    

11 comments:

  1. Welcome to WoW...so glad you're participating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! :) It seems like so much fun, I couldn't resist anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of either name before, but I'm adding this book to my wishlist. Thanks for sharing it! My Wow is here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good... and interesting ^.^
    I hadnt heard about it before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome! This book sounds very interesting. I'm definitely adding it to my wishlist.

    Thanks for visiting my blog An Avid Reader's Musings

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read some Julie Kenner years ago...something about aphrodite and superhero-type people. At least, I think that was her! Very fun reads.

    Anyway, I'll have to check this book out! Thanks for stopping by my site!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick for your first WoW! Welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to check out the author under both names, I've never heard of the series before, thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good pick! I haven't heard of the author. Another WoW pick outside my comfort zone. This is one of the things I like about blogging: finding bloggers who read different genres than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the posts! It's been so fun seeing all these new people come to my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!