7.13.2009

Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun Review

M.J. Holliday is a gifted psychic medium who is in business with her best friend Gilley Gillespie, a gadgets expert. Gilley acts as M.J.‘s manager and books her gigs as a ghost buster of sorts ridding haunted houses of their unwanted ghosts. M.J.’s latest job is to appear on a television show called Haunted Possessions as a psychic and will use her skills to tell people if their family heirlooms are truly haunted or not.

The show consists of four mediums, two of which seem like frauds. The only medium M.J. believes in is a young man named Heath. They quickly form a bond and end up shooting a segment together. But when a knife mysteriously shows up as the next heirloom to look at, no one knows what they’re getting into until it’s too late.

This mysterious knife is extremely dangerous and leads M.J. and her friends on a chase for a killer. It doesn’t help that the hotel they are all staying in is extremely haunted and everywhere M.J. turns, there’s a ghost popping up. When one by one people in the haunted hotel start turning up murdered, M.J. realizes this isn’t going to be an easy case.

Along with the help of her boyfriend Steven, best friend Gilley, medium Heath, and the rest of the crew from the TV show, they embark on their scariest adventure yet to catch a killer before he can take another victim. But is their killer a ghost or a living person, they do not know. All they do know is that this ghost hunting job is getting to be really dangerous and even though they are getting paid handsomely, they don’t think it’s worth losing their lives. Will M.J. and her friends solve the case before another person is hurt?

Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun is the third book in the Ghost Hunter Mystery Series starring M.J. Holliday, a psychic medium. This was the first book that I’ve read by Laurie and I found it to be so much fun! The story is full of suspense, ghost hunting, and a mystery that you won’t be able to figure out. I enjoyed all of the characters but Gilley by far was my favorite. He was hilarious and shined through in all of his scenes. M.J. is a fearless woman who won’t stop her investigation until it’s solved. I found her character to be strong willed and I enjoyed that she didn’t need a man to rescue her in scary situations.

If you loved Wendy Roberts’ books you are going to be in heaven with Victoria Laurie’s series. As soon as I started this book, I found it impossible to stop reading it! Ghouls Just Haunt to Have Fun is a carnival ride of fun with ghosts, spirits, haunted houses, villains, mystery, telepathy, and psychics! I look forward to the next book in this series Ghouls Gone Wild due out March 2, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this but it sounds fun. (I think the whole explosion, for lack of a better word, of paranormal books is just fascinating.)

    My daughter has always liked urban fantasy and science fiction/fantasy, so I've had a passing interest as well. I'll have to tell her about some of the ones on this site -- I just love books of all kinds! Of course, she is now into vampires, so she's taking me along for that ride as well. Take a look at "Predatoress: the Hungarian Bride," by Emma Gabor. She turns her friends into vampires for companionship -- but then tries to right the wrongs she's perpetrated. It's fun. She has a vampire blog you might like, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz
    Thanks for posting! Do come back again! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!