5.18.2009

I don't like historicals...I think.

I did something weird today. I bought a historical romance novel. I don't read historicals and I don't think I like them. I used to read Connie Mason and Bobbi Smith years ago, but I'm not sure if they're historical. (I just looked it up and they are historicals. Wow I used to love their books. hmmm) Anyway so I bought two historical novels by an author who also writes paranormal romance. I read two of her paranormals and went nuts over them. She has a third one coming out but it's not out yet and I really wanted to read more books by her. So I knew from the beginning that she has another name that she writes historicals under, but I didnt pay much attention to it because I don't think I like historicals!

So I was in the bookstore today...and low and behold I see her other name books there. I touched them. I fondled them. Then I bought them. Do you think this will dissapoint me for her paranormals? I've seen blog posts before questioning whether you would follow an author no matter what genre they write in. I will follow authors from paranormal romance, to mystery/thrillers, to contemporary romance, and that's about it. But I guess I will follow them to historicals now too. Hmm. Let's see if I end up reading it or not. I don't want to say the author's name cause if I don't read it, I wouldn't want her to see this and be insulted or anything. But if I do end up reading it anytime soon...I'll post about it!

I think I want to discover a new genre to me like historicals. After reading so many rave reviews about The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie by Jennifer Ashley, I really want to read it now. I may experiment with historicals...Any suggestions?

No comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!