1.10.2009

Writing Contest Entry

There's a writing contest at this link that Jason Evans runs. He takes a picture and asks writers to write something with the picture in mind, up to 250 words. The prizes are Amazon giftcards and stuff like that. I do it for the recognition though. I just would love to say I won a writing contest. This is my fourth time entering his contests and I am yet to win. I thought I'd post my entry for this year here for you guys to see. Also I am posting my previous entries. Everything but my first year entry which I don't think was that good at all. If you want to go to his blog and leave comments under my entry that would be nice, or you can do it here. Only other writing contestants and Jason Evans decide on who win, but I'd still love to hear your opinion on my entry. Thanks.




Your Time Has Come
By Rachael D.


"You have arrived."

"Arrived? Where the hell am I? What is this place?"

"My son, do not ask such silly questions. This is the hereafter. This is your new life. Take a look around. Find your family."


"My family? You mean my wife?"

"No. I mean your family who preceded you in death. Every one of them. Your great grandparents. Your grandparents. Your parents. Your siblings. Your first love. Your best friend from high school. They are all here. But your heart must be open to this for you to be reunited with your family."


"How would you like me to be open to this? I don’t even understand what’s going on. I was buying water from a 7-11 and I wake up and I’m going up a friggin escalator that never ends! And then I reach the top and I see you waiting for me. You greet me like you know me and I have no idea who you even are."


"I am the greeter if you’d like to call me that. Sort of like at Wal-Mart but I don’t get paid for my services. What I do is out of love for humanity."

"Ok "greeter" I would like to talk to your manager if you don’t mind! "


"My son, you have failed my test. Count to three and wake up."

"What? What are you talking about? Am I dead or not? What the hell is going on here?"


"One."

"Two."

"Three."


"What the hell?"

No comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!