11.25.2008

Midnight Sins Review

Detective Todd Brooks was first introduced in Hotter After Midnight as Detective Collin Gyth’s partner. Now Todd is back with his own story in Midnight Sins and he’s about to discover that the streets of Atlanta are full of paranormal beings that he never even knew existed.

Todd Brooks’ latest case is to find the sadistic serial killer that is murdering men all across town and leaving them tied up and dead in hotel rooms. The bodies are being marked as possible heart attacks but there are no physical signs of foul play or even a pre existing medical condition.

Without any bloodshed, murder weapon, or even any defensive wounds, the police department are at a loss on how to solve this case. But one by one the bodies are piling up and the case gets stranger with every new body.

Detective Collin Gyth is a shifter and well aware of the paranormal community. He suspects the serial killer to be some kind of paranormal being but with Todd being human, he keeps him in the dark about this secret side of Atlanta that non paranormals shouldn’t know about.

At one of the crime scenes an ID is found of a gorgeous blond woman named Cara Maloan. With no other evidence to go by besides witnesses who claim they saw a blond woman at the hotel the night before, Brooks and Gyth bring Cara in for questioning. Cara works as a singer at the local paranormal club Paradise Found. But she has a dark secret and it’s not one she likes to advertise. Cara is a succubus. A demon. A sex demon.

After some research on succubi, Collin realizes that Cara could be the killer they are hunting for. In the meantime, Todd is falling hard for Cara’s charm and could be putting himself in a very dangerous situation. After all, Todd knows nothing about demons or paranormal beings. How will Todd react when he learns the truth about Collin, Cara, and the city of Atlanta? Is Cara the serial killer? Will Todd and Cara’s relationship cause problems in the case? Will the killer strike again and claim more victims?

Midnight Sins is the second book in Cynthia Eden’s fantastic paranormal romantic suspense series. This book can be read independently but for the full affect of the returning characters, I’d recommend reading them in order. Cynthia Eden’s writing is always fast paced, sexy, and full of exciting twists and turns. I thoroughly enjoyed every page of Midnight Sins and was very happy to see some of my favorite characters returning in this book.

Cynthia Eden has easily climbed to the top of the list as one of my favorite authors and I eagerly look forward to her next book. Overall, Midnight Sins is full of romance, erotica, mystery and paranormal elements that kept me intrigued and in suspense until the final explosive conclusion. I would definitely recommend Midnight Sins to romance readers who enjoy a fast paced story by a gifted writer.

Midnight Sins is released TODAY November 25th!! Run and get a copy today!!
Order Midnight Sins on Amazon
Order Midnight Sins on Barnes and Noble
Visit Cynthia Eden's website
Visit Cynthia Eden's blog

7 comments:

  1. Rachel, thanks for posting such a thorough review of the story! I am so happy you enjoyed Midnight Sins--and visiting with my characters again. Thank you! :-)

    And have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia! Thanks for stopping by. I loved Midnight Sins and can't wait for your next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachael! You know with reading your reviews my TBB & TBR pile is overflowing. *g* I guess in a way it's a good thing cause I love recommendations from other readers. I heard many good things about Cynthia's books and I look forward to reading Midnight Sins. Great review. I am adding this one to my TBB list. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    Hugssss
    LindaH

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this sounds so good. I love the idea that one of the partners doesn't know about paranormals. This sounds really good, but if I decide to read this I'll follow your advice and read in ORDER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, thanks! I hope you enjoy Cynthia's books!

    Hi Carolyn! I loved that Todd was so oblivious to what really went on alot. It's a fun concept that everyone around him, his own friends and coworkers are paranormal and he doesnt even know it.

    Hotter After Midnight was mostly his partner Collin Gyth's book but he's introduced in there. I thought Todd really shined through as a secondary character in that book so I was very happy to see him get his own story. It's not completely necessary to read them in order as they are independant stories, but I enjoyed reading them in order to properly meet Todd first. So I would definetely recommend reading Hotter After Midnight first.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like another fabulous book Rachael, I'll have to check it out. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kimberly!
    Thanks for stopping by! Yes it was fabulous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!