3.08.2008

A Trip to the used bookstore...

Well I haven't read AT ALL this entire week because of a bad sinus infection. I had a vertigo problem where I would get dizzy everytime I looked down at words or numbers. I would feel nausious and my ears were hurting really bad. I went to the doctor and got an antibiotic and some other fun things to make me feel better. I feel alot better now and I hope to get back to reading this weekend. I was supposed to have off from work yesterday, Friday, but I worked. Tax season ends mid April so after that I will have plenty of reading time to catch up.

It's raining and dreary in NJ today but that didn't stop me from venturing out to my favorite used bookstore. It was a mess in there since they're trying to ''reorganize''. LOL But they still accepted my books as a trade in. Some books they didnt take so I lugged them back home. I did get some new books though. :)

These book covers here are the books I bought today. I already read Dirty Laundry a long time ago, but from the library, so I wanted to own a copy. Stupid and Contagious is the first book written by Caprice Crane. I read her second book, Forget About It, which I loved. Can't wait to read this one now. Burning Bridges and Bring It On are urban fantasy books in a series. Neither of them are book one which I didnt realize when I got them. They sounded interesting and have some mixed reviews. Allison Brennan is my FAVORITE author so of course I had to get What You Can't See which has a story of hers in it. The Jim Butcher books are books 1 and 3. They didnt have book 2. My library has them all but Wendy told me theyre really good so I figured I should buy them. They were in brand new condition too. They didnt have anymore of his books unfortunately. I'm sure I won't get to read any of these for quite a while though since my never ending review pile is growing every day..

Has anyone ever heard of or read any of Laura Anne Gilman's books?





























4 comments:

  1. Woman, you're always getting sick! lol. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    Butcher's brilliant, can't wait to hear if you like the Dresden Files! I haven't read any of Laura Anne Gilman's books, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog purely by accident, and saw your comment -- if you send me your address (dymk [at] optimum [dot] net), I'll send you a copy of STAYING DEAD, the first book in the series, so you can start at the beginning...

    (least I can do for a fellow Jersey girl)

    -- Laura Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura Anne!
    I just emailed you, thank you so much!! Your series sounds really interesting and I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Butcher's book 1 and 3 just finished the 3rd but I didn't care for the second.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!