12.27.2007

That Genre Is Not For Me...

Ok now to get that not so pleasant post a bit off the screen, I wondered..

What genre of books have you never read and which genres do you stay clear of?

For me I tend to stay away from historicals and westerns and straight science fiction. I do like fantasy but I don't think it's the same as science fiction. That's something else. I also don't read erotica or straight romance. I do like romantic comedies or romantic suspense but I don't care for what I call ''bodice rippers.'' I used to read them when I was a teenager but I don't really care for them anymore. So if Fabio is on the cover, it's a safe bet that I don't want to read it.

Genres I have read and do read:
Romantic Suspense
Paranormal Romance
Urban Fantasy
Fantasy
Women's Fiction
YA Fantasy
Romantic Comedies
Thrillers
Mysteries
Contemporary Romance

8 comments:

  1. I'm pretty much with you. I steer clear of the war novels (though The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien was very good), westerns, educational books (except for college, of course :P), "bodice-rippers" (good phrase for those) and the like. Even still, I'm all over the place with my reading - horror, fantasy, sci-fi, action, suspense, comedy, young adult...I like a lot of genres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stay away from historicals, I've only read a few and that's because they were about Highlanders and I think they're hot LOL (not surprising considering my ex was Scottish!)

    Also from straight sci-fi, I like fantasy better and yep, western and "body rippers" (are they still writing those?? LOL) and omygod, I think Fabio is the ugliest dude ever.

    Love all the genres you mention although I'm picky about what YA I read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read much YA but there's alot of great paranormal YA books out there that I want to try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you, Wendy: Fabio had a bad encounter with an ugly stick at some point. His hair is cool, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my tastes in books are close to yours. I would add Horror and I do read some erotic romances (especially paranormal). I had my fill of historicals and now it's really tough for me to read them, so it's rare that you'll see me review one. Wendy and T.C. - you are so bad! lol I probably just woke everyone up laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember when Fabio was on Top Model and was supposed to pose with the girls. They were so grossed out by him. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kimberly - it's funny but SO true! and did you hear about him saying that George Clooney was a scumbag or something?? Dude, Clooney's 100x better than you! lol.

    Rachael - I remember that! I was crossed out myself, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard about him in a long time, I thought maybe he just faded into the woodwork quietly, but apparently not....lol Whoa, I wonder why he was bad-mouthing G. Clooney!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog. Please leave a comment so I know you were here!